Save Money & Energy by Switching to LED Bulbs
Did you know about 30% of your electricity bill is your lighting? Wasting energy and money is not of the wisest thing to do plus it’s really, really easy to reduce your lighting costs and save money in the long term. Why wouldn’t you do it?
Switching to LED bulbs
Thanks to recent advances in Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) switching to LED bulbs is one of the best ways to improve the energy efficiency of your home. Let’s have a look at some benefits of LED bulbs over our old guys the incandescent bulbs and some modern CFLs:
- As compared to our traditional incandescent, LED bulbs last for many years and are much more energy efficient while they are at it.
- LED bulbs don’t have a filament like the incandescent bulbs and therefore they can take a fair few bumps where incandescent bulbs would not survive. They are just more hardy.
- LED bulbs use only 1/3rd to 1/30th of the energy of Incandescent or CFL bulbs (2-17 watts). Moreover, compared to the other two types of bulbs – LED bulbs don’t heat up which further helps to prolong their life while saving quite a lot of money.
- In comparison to CFL bulbs LED bulbs switch on immediately, there isn’t that slow heat up needed. Great eh?
- It is understandable that since LED bulbs use less energy, they also help in saving money on your electric bills.
Although, the initial cost of LED bulbs can seem a bit high, given their durability, long-life and energy saving capability switching to LED bulbs would be an easy way to improve your green credentials.